We've been around for 18 years working across industries and geographies helping complex organizations achieve impactful user-centric digital transformation. Unlike many of the larger software houses, we only design and develop software around users as opposed to systems.
Our work has closed the digital disconnect between company and customer many times over for some of the world's top brands in mobility, finance, education, retail and connected devices (IoT).
Join our growing, fun and diverse team of 370 curious and creative high achievers. While we have offices in Palo Alto, Barcelona, Madrid and Kerala most of us choose to work remotely.
About The Job
We're seeking a software architect who join our team on projects with decoupled back and front technologies based on DDD and microservices. Also, cloud infrastructures as code, DevOps, Growth…
- You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the development methodology and the range of products that Opentrends has in its portfolio.
- You will be part of a multidisciplinary team with successes in industries such as mobility, finance, life sciences, and retail.
- Ability to enable/install development environments.
- You will participate in the gathering of technical requirements.
- Carry out the design of systems architecture, the application and the technical mechanism of the interfaces.
- Pitch solutions to customers alongside the sales manager.
- You will prepare the environment test plan, the integration plan and the stress test plan.
- You will identify reusable elements within the project.
- Provide coaching for team members and help establish and track goals.
What are we looking for?
Proven knowledge of and experience in:
- Java API Rest, microservices and Domain-driven design (DDD) pattern
- Spring Boot, Spring Data & Spring Cloud
- AWS Well-Architected Framework to take build systems decisions on AWS
- AWS (EC2, ECS, RDS, API Gateway)
- Backend security JWT/OAuth
- Comfortable with Agile philosophy
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- English native or excellent fluency is a must to lead international projects alongside the US team.
- AWS advanced (Cloudformation, CDK, Security..)
- Linux scripting
- Kubernetes / Openshift
- Some FE SPA tech (Angular/React..)
What do we offer?
- An adapted and upgraded Onboarding program so that you have the best possible virtual reception.
- Work-life balance and career growth. We empower people and we want you to grow with us.
- Intensive day: what’s better than enjoying free time with intensive days every Friday of the year and months of July and August.
- Excellent training through Udemy Business and partner certifications: We will invest in you to expand your skills and career.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Flexible hours and remote-work options
- Our Barcelona HQ office is within a walking distance of the beach and shops, as well as easy access to both public transport and bike lanes.
- We strive for a continued healthy life for our employees - we offer activities within Yoga and Mindfulness. We also organize paddle tennis tournaments, company running races and more!
- Competitive Paid-Time-Off package
- Referral program: if you introduce us to a friend and they end up being part of Opentrends, you get a prize!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Opentrends promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Opentrends is committed to an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Does this sound like you? Apply today, and you're one day closer to being part of us.