Case StudyCaso de EstudioCas d'Estudi
Cloud Migration provides 81% IT cost savings
Fira Barcelona (FB), one of the most important trade fair institutions in Europe and headquarters of the Mobile World Congress among other large-scale international events, migrated their infrastructure to a Cloud model. It allowed FB to reach the necessary availability during their many highly-concurred international events. At the same time, infrastructure and operating costs were reduced by 81%.
Cloud Architecture and Backend Services
High Availability and Cost Reduction
Fira Barcelona organizes and provides service for 50+ events with international projection. the goal was to manage event physical access and digital interactions for over 100,000 attendees within a high-security environment. Acceleration of time-to-market, agility, and flexibility were required in its infrastructure, adjusting the operating costs and offering a highly-available service that can withstand large attendance peaks.
Seamless Cloud Migration
A cloud service migration with scalable, flexible and global architecture model designed by SEIDOR Opentrends to unlock all AWS PaaS potential:
- Scalability and flexibility -focus through a layer of microservices (SDA) in Docker, unfolded in Elastic Container Service.
- Unified authentication for all sites and APIs (CAS).
- Development environment based on CI tools to facilitate productivity.
- CloudFront to distribute static content in S3 with low latency for our client.
- Serverless: achieve flexibility without servers.
- Analytics based on Kinesis and Redshift, allowing the client a 360º view.
- Real-time service key indicators monitoring to ensure the architecture scalability. This includes dashboards, alarms, and logs.
Significant Cost-Savings When Going Cloud
- 81% Cost savings compared to the initial on-premise scenario (this savings allowed to improve the initial estimation by the AWS’s TCO calculation tool up to 34%).
- Guarantee the correct applications and systems for Fira de Barcelona's business needs.
- Provision of a controlled framework for the project providers.
- Improvement of new developments' efficiency and quicker time-to-market.
- Minimization of recurring tasks and maintenance efforts.
- Operating system cost savings.
18+ Year Experience Applied
Optimization: with our optimization techniques, we help our clients save costs and improve the scalability, security and performance of their infrastructures.
Pragmatic solutions: our cloud strategy framework follows a quick-wins approach, and allows us to trace the investment. We offer cloud-native architectures that accelerate processes.
Experience: we provide a sum of constantly validated practical improvements in migration, cloud-native developments and DevOps managed operations, all backed by our experience.
Contact us today with the button below or learn about our cloud technology services.