Opentrends recognized for sustainability. Find out how we got there.
PALO ALTO, Calif. – October 13, 2021 – Global digital transformation firm Opentrends, Inc. has been awarded the international sustainability certificate ISO 14001. It recognizes the effort effectiveness and implementation of Opentrends’ environmental management system.
Opentrends focuses on delivering smart solutions that contribute to a sustainable future and company growth. From our technological leadership position, we’ve understood our responsibility and have reflected on our daily impact by leading initiatives that aim at constantly improving the environmental performance of our company and promote an equally respected environment around us. These initiatives include:
- Continuous analysis to reduce the energy consumed by company operations
- Implementation of environmental policies across geographies
- Encourage employee environmental awareness and best practices
- Strengthen the capacity for environmental coordination and orientation
- Waste reduction, reuse and recycle practices
Opentrends’ work also contributes to innovative and technological advancements that have a direct positive impact on the environment. Some of these include:
- Development of a mobile app for responsible and efficient energy consumption at home
- A Low Emission Zone IoT platform for a major European city
- A bus on-demand system solving mobility inefficiencies in mass transit
- A Complex Events Processor (CEP) based on Opentrends’ Sentilo platform for a city-wide waste management system that eliminates inefficient garbage collection trips.
- An AI-based application for waste management facilities that identifies in real-time different types of waste prior to separation significantly increasing recycling outcomes.
‘’Opentrends pledges to continue enhancing its environmental management responsibilities and exercise a positive influence from our work.’’ said Xavi Buscallà, Opentrends Inc CEO.
Deep industry collaboration, latest technologies and know-how allow Opentrends to continue delivering excellence in software solutions that contribute to sustainable practices and reduce emissions.
About Opentrends Inc
With more than 360 people globally, Opentrends is a trusted partner in digital transformation and strategy. Our strengths are strategic thinking, creativity, and reliability. We’re the first digital transformation firm to provide modular plug-and-play Agile Transformative Team as a Service (TaaS) solutions for clients in diverse industries. Over a hundred global companies across various industries have full trust in our unique ability to design, build, implement, and integrate complex software innovations into their organizations and drive growth. For more information, visit www.opentrends.us and follow @OpentrendsUS on twitter.